What We Do
AV EDGE exists to ensure that the region maintains a well funded and sustained program to attract, retain and expand business opportunities to the greater Antelope Valley area.
AV EDGE serves as the economic development corporation, (EDC) promoting the region to prospective businesses as well as working with the existing business community on retention and expansion programs. Attraction, expansion and retention of good paying jobs remain the core of AV EDGE’s mission.
Through marketing initiatives, research and reporting services, site surveys and workforce programs, AV EDGE provides all those involved in economic development with a common set of tools with which they can promote the benefits of doing business in our area.
Our goal is to help attract new wealth-creating jobs to our valley. These jobs represent primary jobs which will have the expanded impact of potentially creating many other jobs in supporting industries. Primary jobs are expected to bring in over a billion dollars in new wealth, increased tax base and new investment to our area. These new dollars will benefit each and every sector of our economy as they circulate throughout the region.
As an EDC with a specific focus on the manufacturing and industrial job base, AV EDGE does not pursue retail businesses but will assist those businesses with information and referral programs if requested.
Benefits of membership include:
- Participation in region-wide decisions impacting the future of the Antelope Valley.
- Priority access to a growing number of economic reports and publications made available through AVEDGE
- Periodic economic updates on the Greater Antelope Valley region
- Provided with the most current and relevant data, as soon as it is released.
- Inclusion in publications and marketing materials provided by AVEDGE, and representation at special events.
Most importantly, members realize they are investing in their own economic futures. Because every dollar spent today on promoting prosperity in the Antelope Valley will likely be returned many times over as their own firm benefits from the actions of the Greater Antelope Valley Economic Alliance.
For more information on membership, please call the AVEDGE office, at (661) 441-2957
Benefits to Everyone
Economic development means much more than jobs, payroll and a strong economy. Economic development is also about:
- Clearing the air, saving resources and decongesting freeways by moving the workplace to the workforce.
- Saving children and families from stress imposed by long distance, long duration commutes.
- Strengthening institutions, including schools, churches and social services groups.
- Building more prosperous communities through increased taxable sales revenue.
- Sustaining the value of hard-won local investment through periods of economic downturn.
Through the support of our members, AVEDGE is making the above a reality in the Southern California High Desert Region.